Wednesday, February 17, 2010

No-Bake Cookies

A recipe for really GOOD No-Bake Cookies can be hard to come by.  I  will guarantee that you will have to look no further.  This recipe is perfect, if followed exactly.  Believe it or not, you should NOT make these cookies on a humid day.  Strange, I know, but believe me, they will not set up if there's moisture in the air!

1 stick (1/2 cup) butter or margarine
2 c. sugar
1/2 c. milk
3 T. cocoa powder
1/2 c. peanut butter (chunky or creamy)
1 t. vanilla
3 c. oats (quick oats are best)

Melt butter in a saucepan, add sugar, milk, cocoa powder. Bring to a boil. Start timing for 1 minute when it first starts to bubble strongly. After 1 minute, take off the burner.  Stir in peanut butter until melted.  Add vanilla and oats, stir quickly to moisten all oats.  Drop by rounded spoonful onto waxed paper.  Let cool on the counter.

1 comment:

  1. Yum!!!! I'm going to have my daughter make these. I think the kids will love them!

    ReplyDelete