Friday, February 26, 2010

Crunchy Parmesan Chicken

This recipe will be going on my table tonight.  It doesn't require any special skills or spaghetti sauce, it's delightful all on it's own.  I like to typically serve it with mashed potatoes and a steamed veggie.  This evening, I will be making twice baked potatoes and whole steamed green beans to compliment the main dish.  Dessert will be peanut butter sheet cake with ice cream.  YUM!

Crunchy Parmesan Chicken
3-5 boneless skinless chicken breasts
3/4 c. grated parmesan cheese (the cheap/powdery stuff is fine)
1/4 c. seasoned bread crumbs
1 small can of French's fried onions (3 oz.), crushed
1 t. paprika
dash pepper
1/2 t. salt
1 egg
1 T. milk
1/4 c. melted butter or margarine

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Mix all dry ingredients in a shallow pan.  Mix egg and milk in another dish.  Dip chicken in egg/milk mixture, then in dry ingredients.  Place into a baking dish (a square pan or 9x13 is fine, just don't crowd the chicken).  When you are done dipping, sprinkle remaining dry ingredients over the chicken.  Waste not, want not!  Drizzle breast evenly with melted butter.  Bake at 350 degrees for 55-60 minutes. 

1 comment:

  1. I use small chunks of chicken and a cookie sheet to make homemade chicken nuggets using this recipe all the time!! The key is Italian bread crumbs! I've never tried it with the french's onions though, so I'm anxious to try it out!!
    I like this recipe because I usually have leftover bread crumb mixture and can make a 2nd meal out of it. For meal #2 I use whole chicken breasts in a pan with a can or two of cream of chicken soup (herb seasoned if I can find it on sale). Then poor the leftover bread crumb mixture generously over the top and bake. Serve with mashed potatos! We call it "chicken and goup".

    ReplyDelete