Wednesday, February 17, 2010

THE BEST Chocolate Chip Cookies

As you have hopefully figured out by now, I will never give you a half-baked (no pun intended) recipe.  Every single recipe I post for you on my blog, I make for my family over and over again. These Chocolate Chip Cookies are no exception, the are AWESOME and I would make them every day if I could.  YUM! 

Chocolate Chip Cookies

1/3 c. butter or margarine
1/3 c. shortening
1/2 c. white sugar
1/2 c. brown sugar
1 egg
1/2 t. baking powder
1/2 t. salt
1 t. vanilla
1 1/2 c. flour
6 oz. chocolate chips (more if you want)

Cream butter, shortening, and sugars together.  Add the egg, mix.  Add in baking powder, salt, vanilla, and flour.  Mix until well combined.  Add chocolate chips gently, so they don't get broken up.  Scoop onto a baking sheet by rounded teaspoonful.  Bake at 375 for 10-12 minutes, until light brown.  Makes about 3 dozen cookies.

1 comment: